Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New year!

A new year, a fresh start. I love the idea of all the possibilities. Hopefully some of my aspirations will take hold.

I finished out the last year with a few quilts for customers. No surprise there. But one was especially dear to me. While on the Sew Nice retreat in Nov., Diane - the shop owner- made a wall quilt for her partner, Flora. It was to be a surprise for Christmas so we were all sworn to secrecy. I looked at this quilt and knew immediately how I would want to quilt it if I had the chance. The more I looked at it, as it hung on the design wall all weekend, the more it spoke to me, so I offered to quilt it. Mind you it is four weeks until Christmas and I still had two other quilts to complete.
Sometimes you just have to squeeze one more in.

In addition to wanting to quilt this little gem, I was honored to give something back to Diane and Flora of Sew Nice in Norwich, NY. They have always been very supportive of my business and have allowed me to teach many, many classes at their wonderful shop.

Here are a few pictures:
details; Qulters Dream midnight poly batting, Superior So Fine tread in many colors! Swarowski  crystals applied afterwards.






4 comments:

DeVona said...

Exquisite, Gretchen!

Lady Bright said...

Whoa! AMAzing, Gretchen!

Vicki W said...

It's beautiful!

Cindy H said...

Gretchen that is absolutely gorgeous!!! WOW!!!! I'm sure Diane and Flora both loved how it was quilted!! :)