Saturday, April 17, 2010

Saturday

Today is the last day of MQX, The Machine Quilters Expo. For the past six years ihave spent my birthday week there among my peers and quilting idols. This year David's work schedule would not allow us to go together and since I was not working for APQS this time I opted not to attend by myself. But it has not been easy, I missed it more than I thought I would. Most of all I missed seeing my Internet friends. I also missed seeing one of my own quilts hanging at the show. No ribbon but I am looking forward to the judges comments. The quality of the quilts entered is so amazing I never had any expectation of a ribbon. In fact every year I look at the quilts and some of them make me wonder why I even bother. Yet, I must, it is who I am and what I do. So, today I will quilt.

2 comments:

Gina said...

I am truly missing being there too. First time in 2 years that I can say that. Im glad you enter quilts. IMMA chicken!
LYG

Vicki W said...

I feel the same way - I am really missing it this year!