Saturday, March 7, 2009

My new obsession

Knotwork! I must be nuts, as if I don't have enough to do..... I first saw this at the Harrisburg Quilt Show last Sept. They had samples of each design that Teresa offers, I was enthralled. I had to do it, so I bought a kit. Fast forward to February. I was having a lovely lunch with my good friend Barbara (the dream year blogger) and she was showing me the small travel loom she had purchased for their camper. We proceeded to have a discussion about how sometimes the tools of a craft are as enticing to us as the craft itself. Then and there I decided I *needed* the frame to mount my knotwork miniature rug. I came home and placed my order, gathered my floss and not so patiently waited for it to arrive. Here is my progess to date.

I work on this in the evenings in front of the TV using a maginifier lamp. It is tiny. I am doing a Colonail knot using a single strand of embriodery floss. Most evenings I can complete 2 nine patches. Once you master the knot it is almost like coloring, you do your best to stay within the lines.

Check out the link for more designs, just click on the title of this post. I thought I'd start simple and work my way up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! It is beautiful, but there is no way I could see well enough to do this. I admire your abilities.

Gayel

Kim S said...

It's beautiful!!!

Don't know if I'd a have the patience to do that small of work. I need something mindless and that doesn't sound mindless....

The Afton Vision said...

I love the frame...glad that I was an influence!