Sunday, January 30, 2011

Kathy's Applique Quilt

I am so lucky to have the best customers! Kathy B. appliqued this gorgeous quilt and asked me to quilt it for her.
After many hours of serious quilting time I am so pleased that she got to see it finished today when she picked it up. I must admit I am going to miss having this masterpiece around to enjoy.

Some details for my fellow quilters, the quilt measures 88" square, I used Quilter's Dream Wool batting, stitch in the ditch with Maderia Monolon, all other stitching Superior So Fine. Bobbins were Magnaglide.



7 comments:

QuiltingU said...

Gretchen, you made this quilt sing! Thanks so much, I love it!! Kathy B.

Vicki W said...

It's spectacular!

Tapshop321 said...

what a beautiful gorgeous guilt you made.....keep posting






Houston SEO

Houston Search Engine Optimization

Kim S said...

Beautiful!

PeggyinNO said...

I'm speechless! I would love to see this quilt in person. You both do such beautiful work.

Borderline Quilter said...

Gretchen...this is wonderful...what a lot of work but oh so worth it....love the ruler work and cross hatching...must get one of those S rulers.....this is a 'masterpiece!

Best Wishes
Kay in Scotland

LeAnne said...

Love the crosshatching. Beautiful job on a beautiful quilt.